Monday 4 April 2011

Happy Belated 1/30- THE DISTANCE BETWEEN

Better late than never so they say :)
So fashionably late to the party here I come people :)
30/30, it is ooooon! :)

THE DISTANCE BETWEEN

My soles are as pitch black as the rocks you hide under
since every step I took was after you,
spur of the moment,
called to action
no time to think or wait,
or for proper, appropriate footwear.
No, only time to tentatively, hurriedly
follow at a distance
behind the unknowing
in search of truth
you felt the need to change
with distance
moving hearts away from home.
You got your reasons I'm as sure as night follows day
but I can't understand them,
don't know their form or shape,
nor sound
cause you won't speak them to me.
A mothers bond and will and way
that's all I have to go on
and she can travel the distance
when a space needs to be made
and boundaries placed and kept
between the hand that feeds
and the heart that beats.

-----------------------------------------------------

...And so it begins...
Stay tuned, more tomorrow.... :) x

No comments: