Sunday 23 January 2011

1st Poem of The New Year, from January 9th

After a friend shared a link to a YouTube video this poem happened :-


Minus The Age Limit of Bones

I've been called a lot of things
and Miss Misery is nothing new
my friend.
Through the words
smiles don't shine through
and I get labelled what's easy to define.
Teenage angst,
minus the age limit of bones
that have long past their prime
maybe so
but here's to proving them wrong
all the way.
Turning a new page
just for your view
so you know what I wish to show,
something better than old fodder
for stories of a girl they used to know.
I've been all sugar and spice
for you dear.
Smiles and similes
all the way to the grave,
even if a little sporadically.
Yeah I've been called a lot of things
but Miss Misery is something new
from you
and it kinda hurts
for you to prove them right
all these years
when you should have always known
I've meant every thing I've ever said
and every word you've ever read
honestly.

(c) HOLLY ROACH  2011
--------------------------------------------------------------

And yes the lovely Mister Elliot Smith had a hand in helping that poem come to be :)

No comments: