Wednesday 7 April 2010

4/30 Night Falls and Then...

4/30

NIGHT FALLS AND THEN...

Night falls
and then day rises again.
This goes on for months
while you know the sound of my name
and practise your pronunciation
every chance you get.

The mundane mixes with the magical,
for a time
and it sounds just like the twinkling of a glockenspiel
as our worlds set on fire
and bury the past in ash
no amount of urn's can hold.

Winter turns to spring,
summer to autumn.
Nothing changes what has to be
but your voice fell away with the wind
like a leaf leaving my tree.
I had no way to make you stay
cause I kind of wished you away
with each passing day and gentle breeze.

Time is meant to pass
and things can only exist for a time
so everythings destined to end,
eventually.
Do not lose heart in that.
Forever is unlikely
but the best experiences don't have to be,
including you and me,
so night falls
and day follows on

---------------------------------------------

No comments: